Thursday 28 May 2009

Jim Darling's 'Giant' in Beacon, NY

Giant by Jim Darling

Giant by Jim Darling

Came across this nice concept on Wooster today. Great creative use of rubbish and a community service rolled into one. I didn't have any idea of the scale until I read the artists statement, and saw that the torso was made up of 2 single beds!


Here's the artists notes:

"The area that I've been spending time in has multiple abandoned buildings, which are amazing. Unfortunately it also has a ton of trash scattered between the buildings. I decided to clean up the area by dragging all the junk into one location and making something out of it. With a little help I pulled four beds, six tires, and a large amount of scrap into one consolidated area... The trash that was scattered everywhere, was transformed into one giant character who found a great place to relax."

.

No comments: